Campfire Audio Solaris 2020 Hybrid IEM Earphones
Solaris 2020 by Campfire Audio has arrived, delivering big sound from a small size earphone.
Re-engineering the critically acclaimed Solaris was no small feat. Campfire managed to maintain its signature sound, but changed its exterior shape – a substantial challenge. The result of that undertaking is an exciting new earphone that captures the signature Solaris sound in a size that more people can enjoy.
Delivering explosive musical realism with deft execution, but now 20% smaller. Holographic presentation. Intimate detail retrieval. Soaring highs, engaging mids and impactful bass. Music sounds like music with lifelike performances, superior layering and unbelievable imaging. The same critically acclaimed sonic character of Solaris and Solaris SE is shared in the Solaris 2020.
Beyond the size reduction of Solaris 2020, it is also the first Solaris to incorporate solid-body acoustic design. This gives more control of the interplay of the drivers, which results in a cleaner and more refined sound.
By incorporating many individual acoustic technologies into Solaris 2020, Campfire Audio were able to create an exceptional earphone. Solaris is a hybrid design, blending the best of the balanced armature performance with the physicality of dynamic drivers. It features two custom balanced armature drivers paired with T.A.E.C for extended highs, without sibilance or fatigue.
A larger single rear-ported balanced armature driver provides rich delivery of mid frequencies. A specially tuned version of the 10 mm A.D.L.C. dynamic driver, optimized with a Polarity Tuned Chamber, anchors the sonic performance with deeply engaging mid-frequency tonality and visceral bass response.
Each pair of Solaris 2020 is hand assembled in Portland, Oregon. A team of skilled builders pours their time and attention into each earphone they construct. The attention to detail paid throughout the process ensures your Solaris will be a world-class earphone unlike any other.
Plus, because an exceptional earphone deserves an exceptional connector, the new Super Smoky Litz cable is made from four large conductors of silver-plated Copper Litz wire. Each conductor is individually comprised of a selected set of particular diameter strands. The Super Smoky Litz cable is the perfect balance of physical gauge and performance.
- Durable Black PVD Finished Body.
- Dual Custom Balanced Armature Drivers + T.A.E.C. (High)
- Single Updated Custom Balanced Armature Driver (Mid)
- Specially Tuned 10 mm Dynamic Driver (Mid + Low)
- Plasma enhanced Chemical Vapor Depostion (C.V.D.) Amorphous Diamond Like Carbon (A.D.L.C.) Diaphragm.
- Beryllium / Copper MMCX Connections.
- Stainless Steel Spout.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz – 20 kHz
- SPL @ 1 kHz: 94 dB / 6.54 mVrs
- Impedance: 15.5 Ohm @ 1 kHz
- Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion
- Sustainable Cork Zipper Case, made in Portugal.
- Campfire Audio Super Smoky Litz Cable, Silver Plated Conductors with multi-strand Beryllium Copper MMCX + 3.5 mm Stereo Plug.
- Final Audio E-Type Tips (XS/S/M/L/XL)
- Campfire Audio Marshmallow Earphone Tips (S/M/L)
- Silicon Earphone Tips (S/M/L)
- Campfire Audio Lapel Pin.
- Cleaning Tool.
- Earphone Protection Sleeve.