ZEN Blue V2 by iFi Audio is a high-resolution bluetooth receiver / DAC which supports all the latest hi-res codecs, and is able to deliver the best-quality music streaming from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to any audio system.
This V2 version has a new improved bluetooth antenna for even greater reach (up to 80% more range) plus the very latest crystal clock system for low jitter.
ZEN Blue V2 lets you chill with the best of both worlds. Analogue – connect via RCA to amps or active speakers or via the 4.4 mm output to amps/speakers with a balanced input. Or go Digital – use the optical and coaxial connections to connect to anything with a built-in DAC and corresponding digital input – your TV, an AV amp or an external DAC in your hi-fi set-up.
The analogue output stage is balanced, not normally seen in DACs at this price point. Balanced means less noise, interference, or crosstalk. ZEN Blue V2 has RCA and balanced outputs at HiFi standard level; 2V SE and 4V BAL, and is therefore compatible with both HiFi and Pro systems.
All underpinned by high-quality circuit components such as C0G capacitors from TDK, and fed by a precision low-noise power supply from Texas Instruments to make this a rare entry-priced beastie. Plus iFi Audio have improved their Global Master Timing (GMT) clock circuitry to give you an even smoother musical ride. It means 20 db better performance for even more ZEN.
- Supports all the latest 24-bit/96kHz capable Bluetooth audio formats.
- iFi Bluetooth implementation avoids typical 40% quality drop found with standard Bluetooth.
- Future codecs can be added OTA (over the air).
- Remembers up to eight paired Bluetooth source devices.
- New aerial gives increased coverage up to 70-80 %.
- New and improved low jitter clock gives a >20 dB better performance.
- Power: DC 5V
- Input: Bluetooth 5.0TM with AAC, aptX, aptX HD, AptX Adaptive, LDAC, HWA Codec
- Output: Optical/Coaxial, Audio RCA L/R, 4.4 Balanced Line Out
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz < +0/-0.5 dB (44.1 kHz) / 1 Hz – 44 khz < +0/-3.0 dB (> = 88.2 kHz)
- Output Voltage @ 0 dBFS: 2.05 V (±0.05 V)
- Dynamic Range: 109 dB (A)
- Signal/Noise ratio: 109 dB (A) @ 0 dBFS
- THD & N @ 0 dBFS: < 0.0015% 10k Load
- Output Impedance: < 50 Ω
- Power Consumption: < 2.5 W
- Dimensions: 158 (l) x 100 (w) x 35 (h) mm
- Weight: 476g (1.05 lbs)